Re: [OM] OT: Win7 Problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Win7 Problem
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 08:47:47 -0400
I find it curious that you consider an old, unknown version of Win 7 to be less security challenged than the current version of Win 7. If it were mine I would:

1) Change Windows update setting to *not* accept "recommended" updates. (That's to prevent Windows 10 from being installed) 2) Run Windows update and install the fixes for possibly hundreds of security vulnerabilities found and fixed since your version was built. I assure you they are there whether you think so or not.

Chuck Norcutt