Re: [OM] It'sPi Day!--now Day after Pi Day!-- Mandatory list assignments

Subject: Re: [OM] It'sPi Day!--now Day after Pi Day!-- Mandatory list assignments.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 14:50:03 -0700
On 3/16/2016 2:26 PM, Chris Trask wrote:
      When I was teaching lab as a grad student back in 1978, I had the occasion to take
a slide rule with me as my calculator batteries had died.  A student asked me to check
his calculations, so I whipped it out and a few swoops later verified what he had done.
He looked at me in amazement and asked me "What is that?".

      BTW:  Did you know you can add using a slide rule?

I did know that. I certainly don't recall how. My recollection was that someone showed me and I couldn't see the point. Paper and pencil was easier, faster and more accurate.

Summing Up Moose