Re: [OM] Color... At last!

Subject: Re: [OM] Color... At last!
From: Rick Beckrich <rbeckrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 09:18:08 -0500
That was the Zuiko D 12-60
wide open at 60mm.

(Thanks again A.)

olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Great post--nice summary Moose!
>>
>> <<<Holding the A-Macro and P02 side by side as magnifiers, the P02 is
clearly stronger. I'd guess at least +3. Remember, if you tried to compute
backward from the 25 or 45/1.8 numbers in the specs., that these lenses are
shorter FL at close focus. I'll try to remember to use an <<<infinity
target (El Sol) tomorrow to get a better number.**

>> Hah, someone else did exactly that and back calculated with that
error--that is where I got it but did not list 1.5 as definitive --but
clearly not correct due to FL shortening as confirmed by your observation.
>> I recall John Shaw only uses 500D--he had some mag covers, book cover
images as well as other published images using it  so plenty of quality is
possible with good technique.
>> Stopping down a fair amount is typically necessary to avoid
aberrations----I recall the bokeh is generally  quite good in very many
combinations.  Not sure why that might be.

>> I see JS has a relatively recent book---John Shaw's Guide to Digital
Nature Photography.

>> http://www.amazon.com/dp/0770434983/ref=rdr_ext_tmb
>>
>> Seems nicely updated but from a quick look of sample pages though think
I like his first book's  full explanation of the basics.  Doubt he explains
manual macro fill flash as well  ;-)

>> He seems to use a fair amount of fill flash even with boyds at a
distance.   Anyone buy it and/or have an opinion?

>> Mike
>> --
>>

> --
>
> As much as I hate to "crow", I'm delighted to tell you that my 5-star
reviewed hardcover book for kids, ages 4-to-8,
> The Little Crow Who Could Not CAW, is finally available as an interactive
Kindle e-book from Amazon.com.

>     (P.S. - The Kindle reader is a free app from Amazon that works on PC,
laptops, and most hand-held devices.)