Re: [OM] Color... At last!

Subject: Re: [OM] Color... At last!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 14:10:58 -0800
On 3/1/2016 5:31 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
Not sure why but your link says not to use with unsupported lenses as it might
damage them. ???

On 3/1/2016 8:01 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
I suspect that the rear element may protrude enough to contact the front
element of some lenses.

Certainly hard to say how. The rear of the doublet in the P02 is pretty flat and at most level with the base of the 46 mm threads. Is there a lens with convex front element that protrudes out into the thread area? That seems impossible, as it would hit any filter, so why have threads at all. No, I can't see where the P02 would be any more danger than an ordinary filter.

ps:  The MCON-P01 is reported by that link to be a bayonet fitting... not
threaded.

A single element isn't going to protrude anywhere. Bayonet fitting would make sense. The 14-42s and 45/1.8 have matching bayonet fittings on the front; the trim rings are interchangeable. The 14-150 has a bayonet fitting for hood on the front. the lens comes with "MA-P01 Macro Adapter", which probably connects the two bayonets. Bayonet macro adapters are nicer to use than filter threads.

Mysterified Moose