Re: [OM] Color... At last!

Subject: Re: [OM] Color... At last!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 15:11:18 -0800
On 3/1/2016 2:49 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
... But they went all out for the IS/L lines of fixed lens SLRs, including the
only
3-element C-U lens the compiler of this list knew of.
I have the 49mm version and have used it on the 100/2.8 many times.
Good enough results that I got a magazine cover out of it.

But VERY flare prone.

Exactly why I'm so interested in the MCON-P02. The coatings on the A-Macro, the 49 mm one, are like those on the earliest, single coated OM lenses, slightly yellowish, with very bright reflections. My B-Macro seems slightly better, maybe earliest MC?. The P02 is a whole different kettle of fish, with very, very dim reflections.

The Nikon 5T is also nicely MC, (Not quite as good as the Oly) as I imagine the Canon 250D must be. An MCON-P02 with 46->49 step-up ring or Canon 52 mm 250D or Nikon 4T with 52->49 mm step down should take care of the flare problem.

Un Flared Moose