Re: [OM] IMGS: SL with 35/2.0 Summicron M Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: SL with 35/2.0 Summicron M Lens
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 18:45:32 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
I am glad Andrew is back to impressively fill in the gaps in esoterica.
I wonder if all these are in his book?
Mike

Indeed. The mirror lifts the shutter blind vertically through a curved path
creating a travelling slit. Rewinding takes the mirror back down along with the
shutter blind in the closed position. Reliable but limited - the maximum speed
was 1/125th and later 1/175th so in the very late models they went back to a
regular focal plane shutter with instant return mirror. I think I have both
types in the cupboard.
Then of course there is the style used by the Mercury, the Robot and the
Olympus Pen F.
And if you aren’t careful, I’ll tell you all about the Wrayflex.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
www.soultheft.com