Re: [OM] IMGS: SL with 35/2.0 Summicron M Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: SL with 35/2.0 Summicron M Lens
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 16:22:10 -0600
Mine is dull, but not really corroded. And it is fully functional. When my boys were teenagers, and into exploring local caves, I rigged a flash on it and they took it into the caves.

The 35mm lens is remarkably sharp. I have no idea of the size of the image circle, but, some years ago, a Los Angeles dealer of used cameras had one of these lenses in Leica Thread Mount, and wanted a premium price for it.

Here is the camera:
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Mercury+II+from+1945.jpg.html

And here is a typical image:
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Full+Negative+Helicopter+Detail.jpg.html

View it large.

The real fun is in scanning those film strips! :-(

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA