Re: [OM] Two down - Who said it was easy money?

Subject: Re: [OM] Two down - Who said it was easy money?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 10:04:37 -0700
On 9/17/2015 4:21 AM, ChrisB wrote:
Thanks, Ian.  I suppose that I was putting off learning a new way.  Can you
import Raw + JPEG into a LR catalogue without its showing both in preview?

Yes, and No, it depends. If you are leaving the actual images in their location outside LR, AND both images are in the same directory, there's an option to show only the one in the catalog display. IF they are in different directories, I couldn't find any way to avoid duplicate thumbnails in the preview. I don't know what happens if the import removes the images from their original resting place an into LR.

I had for some time been shooting Raw and JPEG, with a file set-up of JPEGs in a date named directory and Raws and Videos in subdirectories of it.I looked pretty long and hard for a solution to the duplicate thumbnails problem. Eventually, I gave up, thought through the need for both files and wrote batch/script files to erase the JPEGS and move the Raws into the main date directory. This was the way I had done things for many previous years, and never had any trouble, so I went back to it to facilitate cataloging everything in LR - without going mad looking at the previews.

The side benefit was freeing up disk space.

Been There Moose