Re: [OM] Windows 10 upgrade Nagging you ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Windows 10 upgrade Nagging you ?
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 06:36:30 -0400
WinXP safe and secure?

___________________________________
John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
www.zuiko.com  | omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx
Olympus OM Service since 1977

On 8/11/2015 12:25 PM, Chris Trask wrote:

AFAIK there is no automatic download of the upgrade.  You must
specifically request it.

Not exactly true. Express any cautious interest and they assume that you
are opting in and download the package to the hidden folder without your
knowledge or consent and nag you to install. I think that they do this
because it is fairly large and may take several web sessions to download
in the background over a slow connection like mine. Then you get those
perky popups....not a nice first impression.

      I have to chuckle while sitting here typing away on my safe and secure
WinXP laptop.  I do, however, need to use the Win7 hard drive later to answer a
message from an eBay seller.  A  minor inconvenience, especially after reading
about the headaches due to the New! Improved! operating systems.

Chris
Gloating in Tempe