Re: [OM] Windows 10 upgrade Nagging you ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Windows 10 upgrade Nagging you ?
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 15:03:52 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Chris,
>  I have the same thing. I have an old Dell laptop that came with XP. Kids
>used it for years until it became wonky. I bought them a new machine, but
>on a lark I reformatted the old Dell and reinstalled the OS using the disks
>in came with (remember those). Works beautifully: nice clean install with
>none of the commercial crap installed by the OEM. I installed an older
>version of MS Office. It runs like a stripped ape. Only caveat, it never
>goes near the internet. For that I have a Windows 7 that I like just fine.
>10 need not apply.

     I got this WinXP laptop from a retired couple who gave up on it after a
local computer "expert" installed Win7 on it.  It couldn't even run MS software
properly.  Took me a while to realise that the only thing to do was get a blank
hard drive and rebuild it.  So, I don't have the manufacturer's crap either.
It has worked very well since then, with a few minor hiccups.  I have the
original Win7 hard drive as a backup, which I only seem to need when using the
evilBay messaging system and feedback forum.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson