Re: [OM] Windows 10 upgrade Nagging you ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Windows 10 upgrade Nagging you ?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 13:38:48 -0400
I took a slightly different approach to my old Dell XP laptop. I converted it to Win 7 and it is used exclusively for banking and investment communication. It knows of exactly 5 websites. 2 banks, 2 investment houses and microsoft for system updates.

My original plan was to put Linux on it but I never found a Linux distro (amongst the 4 or 5 that I tried) that could talk to my Windows network printers "out of the box" so to speak. I was not willing to learn how to do Linux device driver installs for that simple usage. I think the Win 7 solution is pretty secure with its limited view of the world.

Chuck Norcutt