[OM] Hard life of a caterpillar

Subject: [OM] Hard life of a caterpillar
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 18:19:56 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Thanks for the update and link to the images.  The birders around here refer to
butterfliers that were previous birders as "birders gone bad."  Some
butterfliers seem to drift off to
become  interested in moths and are said by butterfliers as "going over to the
dark side."  You seem to get some nice images wiht your New NEX kit
but I still like my OM ergonomics better too.  What focusing screen do you use?

I think the A7RII might be excellent for macro with MF lenses.  Sony menus and
ergonomics have not been my fave with the little experience I have with them.
I posted this fact before but the only way to get at least 3 axis IS on the
A7II is mount a non OIS Sony lens first than the adapted lens--it seems to save
the settings
from the last Sony lens mounted.  No  other way around that.  Also if the EVF
is set to not reflect exposure but best viewing illumination, the zebras and
histo don't reflect any EC dialed in.
Sony seems sloppy with firmware/menu bugs and deficits and slow to fix them, if
ever--just have to buy the next generation it seems.  Oly does seem to patch
thing better.

AF on the A7RII seems very good--some say Canyon lenses on smart adapters focus
as fast as on DSLR.

Mike