Re: [OM] What to Pack

Subject: Re: [OM] What to Pack
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 10:31:51 -0400
There are plenty of comparisons on the web of results from the MM and
conversions from color.  Here is what a review of the new Monochrom says:

The new *Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246)* was launched in April, just eight
months after the release of the Leica M-P (Typ 240), and has an identical
body shape to that camera. Both feature the same Leica-developed
24-million-pixel, full-frame CMOS sensor which does not use an optical
low-pass filter. However, the M Monochrom’s sensor doesn’t have a colour
filter array (CFA) either. The removal of these two filters has a positive
effect on image quality, resulting in sharper images, better dynamic range,
better high ISO performance and no colour noise artefacts.

Read more at
http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/reviews/compactsystemcameras/leica-m-monochrom-typ-246-review#vlzsoiFWuW1MktYm.99

Tina