[OM] OT: Potential Auto Theft?

Subject: [OM] OT: Potential Auto Theft?
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 12:17:42 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     In the past couple of months I've been approached three times at home by
people wanting to buy my 15-year-old Toyota pickup.  At 200,000 miles it's in
very good shape, but I don't know as it's that desirable that people would be
knocking on my door to buy it.

     The third instance was this morning, and I'm wondering now if that make,
model, and year has become a hot item on the used car market, maybe even a
lucrative auto theft target.  Not to appear paranoid, but I'm considering
installing a "kill switch" so that it cannot be simply driven off.

     Where do I find out about such a thing?  And where can I find auto theft
statistics listing year, make, and model?

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson