Re: [OM] opinions of the OM 500mm F8.0 reflex lens?

Subject: Re: [OM] opinions of the OM 500mm F8.0 reflex lens?
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 22:27:22 -0400
Moose it seems beatr me to the Hawkins CAT lens page--seems only in web archive
now.  Perhaps AG should consider preserving it with the other lens tests.

http://web.archive.org/web/20120215095204/http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/mp-cat-tests.txt

zuiko 500 cat

http://esif.world-traveller.org/om-sif/lensgroup/500mmf8.htm

Sigma 600 mm f/8 mirror

600mm
f8.0 (fixed)
6 elements
multiple-layer coating
6.6 ft (1.7 m) from the focus plane
86mm (front), 22.5mm (rear)
26.6 oz (0.753

Filter size:
86mm (front), 22.5mm (rear)
Weight:
26.6 oz (0.753 kg)

So the Zuiko has a smidge less resolution but higher contrast--contrast can be
easily adjusted in post though of course.  Moose re-processed a Sigma 600/ shot
of a ship with Boston in the background.  I recall the new version was very
very good.  The Zuiko 500 is smaller/lighter.  Oh, the Sigma can focus much
closer if that is important.  Moose could focus the Sigma on the 5D fine and I
shot a few with it on OM and didn't have too much trouble.  My Celestron 750/6
is easier to focus but rather a beast.  Mag LV in an EVF should simplify
matters.

Could use a 500/600 CAT to let out of the bag too, Mike