Re: [OM] OT: Fast Passenger Trains

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Fast Passenger Trains
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 10:55:43 -0400
Reminds me of a story I heard. Years ago I attended a meeting in Vancouver,
BC (wonderful place BTW). On a free day I took a local train from the city
to a place where I could pick up a ferry to Vancouver Island. The train ran
parallel to a busy highway and during the trip I struck up a conversation
with a local fellow. The story of the train was that when it first opened
it was little used. The City Fathers and Mothers got together to come up
with a plan to encourage Vancouverites to use the train. So they shut down
half the lanes of the adjacent highway. To make a long story short, it
worked. No word if they are still in office.

Charlie