Re: [OM] OT: Fast Passenger Trains

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Fast Passenger Trains
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 09:36:03 -0500
On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 9:29 AM, Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>      There have been numerous proposals for HSTs in California, many for
> an LA to Las Vegas route, none of which will ever happen.
>
> I think the biggest problem in the US is that people are too addicted to
traveling by car or plane. Amtrak is often as expensive or sometimes more
expensive than flying, and the freight railroads view them as an annoyance.
They asked about getting the old ICRR tracks between Chicago and NOLA
upgraded, and CN told them, "They're fine for freight. You want something
better? Pay for it yourself".

--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Certified Music Junkie