Re: [OM] IMG - Weapons from the Past

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG - Weapons from the Past
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 10:12:53 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>>     Speaking of simple weaponry, I'm interested in finding a fitting
>>> for the muzzle end of my 870 12ga so it can be pressed against a door
>>> without causing the barrel to explode.  Anything such as that available?
>>

>> What do you have in mind Chris ?
>>

>Pistorius is back?

     He was the unfortunate victim of his own lack of discipline.

     Myself, I'm somewhat concerned about the accelerating rate of violent
crime in my immediate area.  A couple of days ago we had a white supremacist go
on a shooting rampage less than 2 miles from me.  One person dead, one in
critical condition, and four wounded.

     Last September there was a shootout at a gas station less than a mile from
me.  The pursuit of the suspects went all the way to the airport, which was
locked down while looking for the last suspect who had hidden in a parking
facility.  Out on the tarmac was an airline that was full of refugees from San
Lucas, which had been devastated by Hurricane Odile.  That's a vacation they'll
never forget.

     Last summer there was a daytime drug-related drive-by shooting across the
street from the swimming facility at the high school, about a quarter mile from
me.  The victims would not cooperate with the police, and the suspects were not
apprehended.  I go past that house every day while cycling.  I also go past a
spot where a naked murder victim had been dumped last year.

     All this in a middle-class neighbourhood.

     I'm ignoring all of that for the moment by watching "The Land that Time
Forgot", which is somewhat similar to "The Land Unknown" but of far better
quality.

>> ...Wayne

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson