Re: [OM] OT: Recent debate on crop v FF

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Recent debate on crop v FF
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 19:38:50 -0800
On 1/22/2015 5:10 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
How about a Pentax 645 as a hardware solution.

If the goal were simply increased resolution, sure. Based on the work I recently did and posted on the Nikon D750 vs. Fuji APS-C and µ4/3, I'd say the D750 should do the job.

My interest in the software solution is simply curiosity. If there were a simple, reliable way to get more detail through processing, I'd be interested. As it is, it appears to be a non-starter for the equipment I have.

My larger interest is in the rumored E-M5 II, as an update to my E-M5 with all the later developments, especially shutter mods and EFC to get away from shutter delay to eliminate shock effects. If it comes with some trick to get higher resolution in at least some circumstances, so much the better.

I'm not interested in hardware to get greater resolution that means a whole new
kit of larger, heavier bodies and lenses.

Light Weight Moose