[OM] New Year's Day Images

Subject: [OM] New Year's Day Images
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2015 16:34:09 -0800
Remember when many of us took pics on a Jan 1st., and posted them? Well, I took care of this New Year's myself. :-) <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=16008>

My first outdoor outing with my still new Panasonic ZS40. A lot of varied
light, subjects, distances, etc.

Several I really like. And another handful I probably wouldn't have included but as examples of what a pocketable super zoom can do.

Click on Trailing Light for a naming contest. :-D

A few will probably end up moving or duplicated in other galleries, where they
belong by subject/type.

On the way home (10 minutes), Carol spotted a coyote, but the ZS40 battery was dead, and by the time I stopped, opened the trunk, put the longer lens on another body ... An unidentifiable blur and a shot of rear end and one ear heading down a gully.

Why is it that a smart phone can record a GPS track for hours, and GPS in cameras kills the batteries so quickly? Ah well, carry the spares next time. I put them in a little bag I can carry in my pocket.

Birdie Moose