[OM] OT: Films (movies)

Subject: [OM] OT: Films (movies)
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 07:53:13 +0000
Over the last few years I have started to appreciate the film (movie)
cameraman’s art, or perhaps it’s the director’s art.  I’ve been noticing
framing and composition in films that I’ve watched and thinking approving
things about them.  My wife and I have been laid low over the last few days
with a crappy cold, spending most of our time lying down feeling groggy or
bunged up.  But we’ve had time to watch a couple of films that we’ve enjoyed
(and there are few enough of them): The Help and The Yes Men Fix the World.

The first has great acting and wonderful camera-work, although I wouldn’t want
to comment on the veracity of the scenes depicted.  The second was a series of
grand gestures agains globalism, climate-change denial, Milton Friedman
economics and plain greed.  The gestures might or might not have been useless,
but the camera work was great and very engaging.

I’ll never do videos, as Nathan has intimated about his preferences, but I do
appreciate the art.

Chris