Re: [OM] IMGs: Dream Car

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Dream Car
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 08:29:25 -0800
The only thing wrong about this is the fact that the MGC had a 3000 cc six cylinder engine.
Paul in Portland OR

On 12/9/2014 1:36 AM, Moose wrote:
On 12/8/2014 10:06 PM, ChrisB wrote:
You’re probably right, Paul, and I never had one; but everyone used to
say that it was a tractor engine, probably in jest.

I think all that talk came from the fact that the same engine used in
the four cylinder Triumphs was also used in Ferguson tractors. Stories
vary, but it seems the engine was designed as a tractor engine. But some
very leading edge design elements later made it suitable for sedans and
sports cars.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_wet_liner_inline-four_engine>
My father owned a lovely Austin Healy 3000 when we lived in Bahrain
and I was about 8 years old.  I still love to see and hear that car.

That was certainly not a tractor engined car. No one was designing and
using six cylinder tractor engines. It is descended from engines
designed for cars. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMC_C-Series_engine>

Two Cylinder Moose