Re: [OM] URGENT: User's advice on OMD M-10 needed

Subject: Re: [OM] URGENT: User's advice on OMD M-10 needed
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 09:45:09 -0500
Could be Fn1 and must be if it's not selectable for focus. In any case I can easily touch either one but can't operate them when my hand is in shooting position with forefinger on the shutter button. The thumb grip or screen forms an effective barrier.

I've never seen and E-M1 except for a brief meetup with Don Holbrook in Pennsylvania. But that brief bit of handling showed me that I could reach the AEF/AEL button with my thumb as easily as I could do the same on the Canon 5D. The repositioning of both that and the shutter button further forward onto the extended grip on the E-M1 is what makes that possible.

Perhaps I should try your style of shooting with focus on the shutter button but I've had them separated so long it would take a long time to adapt. I was actually taught to to separate them since autofocus isn't instantaneous and doing it quickly can give the camera a chance to focus on the wrong thing. The advantage comes from the fact that refocusing is often not necessary.

Chuck Norcutt