Re: [OM] Help exposing the moon was Re: IMG: Sunrise, Moonset

Subject: Re: [OM] Help exposing the moon was Re: IMG: Sunrise, Moonset
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 13:55:59 -0400
On 10/21/2014 11:07 AM, SwissPace wrote:
sorry and hopefully not being pushy and I don't think I missed any replies, I posted this email yesterday and apologised for forgetting to change the thread. However the advice I was hoping for, is how, if its really dark, do I expose the photo to not get a blown out moon, or is cheating the only way? I thought of maybe a graduated filter but that would remove any stars as well.

You can't get both moon, at least any but a sliver, and dark landscape both
properly exposed with any sensor any of us has.

The way to avoid cheating is to redefine it as I did in a recent post. Two matching shots with different exposures is not cheating; it's focus management. Moving an element to a different place or a different image may be cheating. :-)

Definitional Management Moose