[OM] IMG: Sunrise, Moonset

Subject: [OM] IMG: Sunrise, Moonset
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 22:49:12 -0400
Directly on focus Moose,

<<Take the example I just used. Lets say I decide to do a gallery or book of the weather vanes I shot over the years. (Farfetched for weather vanes, but two of my three books have come from images collected <<from over the years.) I have a good shot of this one, in focus. I've added it to the existing comparison. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/BayArea/Miscellaneous/AngelMo
on.htm>

<<<Had I used hyperfocal for 'good enough' focus, it would be soft at this size. Taken with the 14-150 @ 150. Had I had the 70-300 at the time, I wouldn't have needed such a crop, but that's part of the point: I <<<didn't, but shot for the best result, no matter what as yet unknown use I might put it to.

Merklinger would agree with the Moose technique. I haven't yet read an obituary for the hyperfocal distance however.

Dr. Focus and Merklinger have not yet come to blows but we shall see.

"4. If we want anything at infinity to be recorded sharply, focus at infinity" see pg 37.

http://www.trenholm.org/hmmerk/TIAOOFe.pdf

Sometimes stack 'em,  Mike