Re: [OM] IMG: Sunrise, Moonset

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Sunrise, Moonset
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 21:59:28 -0400
But I did already read it and determined that most of it is immaterial to landscape photography. Merklinger spends a lot of time describing cases that are far from typical landscapes (macro or near macro and situations where extra emphasis (or underemphasis) is desired in some particular part of the frame). It's understandable that hyperfocal doesn't work for those cases and I wouldn't have expected it to.

I predict Moose will find conventional hyperfocal stuff perfectly relevant to normal landscapes if he only concentrates on finding a suitable CoC for his extraordinary vision and maximum expected print or viewing size.

Chuck Norcutt