Re: [OM] IMG: Sunrise, Moonset

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Sunrise, Moonset
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 21:11:58 +0200
I posted these images last week on facebook and asked if colour or mono was preferred

<http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/Holidays/LlandudnoOct2014/i-48fRrR3/A>
<http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/Holidays/LlandudnoOct2014/i-4dHN9qM/A>

with mixed results, however what I would like to ask the list is how I should have exposed this so that the moon was not blown out, I tried with varying exposures but it was really quite dark so that should the opportunity arise again I can hopefully improve on it, is a graduated filter the answer?

and as a bonus a couple of bench shots for "non facebookers"

<http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/Holidays/LlandudnoOct2014/i-vRGctDh/A>
<http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/Holidays/LlandudnoOct2014/i-pX3dG9N/A>

and finally there were these strange clouds

<http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/Holidays/LlandudnoOct2014/i-4FDwN75/A>

C&C welcome
Ianw