[OM] YAB on 9-10-14

Subject: [OM] YAB on 9-10-14
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 19:29:47 -0400
Not small and light by any stretch in the MFT universe but the images
emerging  using it look very very nice.

http://pen3.de/40-150/40-150.html

Choices, Choices Moose writes:
<<<Panny has since come out with a smaller, lighter 35-100 lens, but I
<<<like the 150 mm long end. A GM camera and two lens kit would make a
<<<great backpacking kit. The GM5 adds an EVF.

The mag in the EVF is really only .46 in FF equivalents and I am not
sure how workable that will be. I want to try one at the Hunt show in a
few weeks.
It gets rid of that pesky wheel to change aperture that I have not
fully come to terms with yet. The screen the the GM-5 is smaller and I
imagine it is indeed more difficult to quickly remove from a case due
to the EVF as CCM has surmised.

The new Panny 35-100 announced at Photokina does look like a nice fit.

http://www.camerastuffreview.com/panasonic-lens-review/review-panasonic-35-100-4

They noticed that full correction of the linear distortion can soften some portions of the image at times. That is the case in some circumstances with the 12-32 as well and I like to choose the tradeoffs myself and not be limited by the metadata choices--thus have used DXO Optics Pro more often than not.

Prefer to make my own errors thank you very much, Mike