[OM] Paul's PAW - more Canal photos and stuff

Subject: [OM] Paul's PAW - more Canal photos and stuff
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 13:20:11 -0500
I finished uploading some more photos from our boat ride the previous
weekend. I removed the HDR version of the old elevator, so it's everything
newer than the Hogan elevator.

I also took some photos at a concert Saturday night. Club lighting was OK
for the people in the audience, but it sucked for photography. I had to
crank the ISO way up, and even then I had some issues. My friend, Mindi
Abair, is a very blonde, very white girl. But the band was all
African-American, so dark skin, wearing predominately black clothing, on a
dimly-lit stage? Ugh.

Still, I got some usable stuff. I'm still trying to hit on the best
combination with the E-M5 - spot metering is hit-and-miss, center-weighted
the same. Full-screen-fancy-computing AE actually seemed to work, as long
as I shot one at a time. Squeezing off a burst generally guaranteed that
one would be good, and the rest would be hideously underexposed or blown
out.

I must say, however, that I'm very happy with the lesser 40-150.  I plan on
getting the 75-300 before our cruise in January - hopefully I can sell
enough of the sunset dragstrip prints by then to cover it.

Enjoy. C&C always encouraged.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie