Re: [OM] YAB on 9-10-14

Subject: Re: [OM] YAB on 9-10-14
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 18:05:52 -0400
I don't know why you'd buy the very expensive 12-40/2.8 to do landscape photography. You'll never have need for that large aperture and the 12-50 is a very fine lens which also offers a macro mode. Maybe the 12-40 will offer better test results in edge resolution, chroma and vignetting but I don't know nor do I know if it would be significant to the end photo.

And Moose has an E-M5 and some Pens but not an E-M1. The E-M1 and E-M5 have the same sensor. The E-M1 has a higher resolution EVF and what I consider some ergonomic improvements but does not take any better pictures.

Chuck Norcutt