Re: [OM] Favorite OM System Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Favorite OM System Lens
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 17:11:09 +0200
For me it has to be the 180/2 - it is the most I ever paid (or will ever pay ) for a lens and the excitement as I opened up that big metal case and saw the contents and looked through all that glass is still in my memory along with the months reading reviews and deliberating whether to buy it or not. As for actual using the lens on camera a very close 2nd would go to the 24/2.8

It's funny as I see the 50/1.4 mentioned but I never really got along with mine.

It's "Survey Tuesday" here on the list. I'm going to ask a simple question:

What is/was your FAVORITE OM System (film) Lens.

This does not mean "best", but "favorite". It's the last lens you kept
or will keep. It's the lens that you would naturally gravitate to and
made the OM system for you. Also, please explain why.

I'll start this off: 100mm F2.8, final silver-nosed version.

Why: Very sharp, contrast just right, slightly warm, microcontrast and
perfect size/weight/handling.