[OM] Favorite OM System Lens

Subject: [OM] Favorite OM System Lens
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 19:15:02 -0400 (EDT)
Kudos to AG for keeping the OM threads going.

Am reluctant almost sad that must admit a non Zuiko, Big Foot is my fave. (CV APO-Lanthar 125mm f/2.5 SL macro) To be fair, it was designed after the last OM Zuiko. It goes 1:1 and has an artsy smooth rendition for flowers/critters and almost magic at times at F4 or 5.6. Beyond F8 or at large focusing distances it is very good but not special. Smooth bokeh is a given in most circumstances and is APO of course but a trace of LoCA at 1:1. It is built like a tank but compact, if a bit heavy. It does focus the "wrong" way. That be said, am not selling the close second, Z 85/2 (Queen's lens) , and nearly as many keepers with the diminutive but not pedesterian
24mm/2.8.     To quote the 16-9 site 24mm world cup final:

"We should also mention that the stellar little Olympus 24mm thrashed every other lens it encountered in the group stages of the 24mm World Cup, can be bought used for less than a decent filter for the 24L, and fits in the palm of your hand with room to spare. It's a gem."

http://www.16-9.net/lens_tests/24mmcup/final/24mm_final13.html

OM cam loaded with film on my desk, Mike