[OM] Another alternative [was Lighting, flash illumination, and flower p

Subject: [OM] Another alternative [was Lighting, flash illumination, and flower photos.]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 11:47:26 -0700
On 8/17/2014 6:35 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
His photo of the orchid is exquisite, showing the minute glands (ie- hairs) on
the leaves.  I see from the first of these how he manages to get detail such as
to appear, using reflected light from the flash to get full illumnation.  I'm
going to have to experiment with the technique of using a grey card (or
something similar) to eliminate annoying background clutter.

Multi-LED lights that may be mounted or hand held offer another way to light. My recent post of the tiny OM1 and lenses was shot with one hand held. The ability to move the light and adjust the brightness continually with a thumb wheel makes getting decent lighting, minimizing distracting reflections, shadows, etc. easy. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=14124>

The one I use is very inexpensive. <http://www.amazon.com/Neewer-CN-LUX360-Dimmable-Camera-Camcorder/dp/B0098G9LHU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408300744&sr=8-1&keywords=cn-lux360> There are many others out there with various options of power, coverage angle, etc.

Well Lit Moose