Re: [OM] Another alternative [was Lighting, flash illumination, and flow

Subject: Re: [OM] Another alternative [was Lighting, flash illumination, and flower photos.]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 15:17:21 -0400
I just ordered the 10" brackets and 2 lights with filters. Amazon Prime and should be here Wednesday.

Chuck Norcutt

On 8/17/2014 9:30 PM, Don Holbrook wrote:
Chuck, it appears the feet ride in a groove.  Put a spacer under them the thickness
of the groove so you can loosen the screw, rotate, retighten.  Two lights and the
bracket give free shipping....<hint>

----- Original Message -----From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>To:
Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 21:57:13
-0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: [OM] Another alternative [was Lighting, flash illumination, and
flower photos.]

That's cool. I didn't know these little, adjustable LEDs were available. The filters are
also a nice touch. I immediately started thinking of using 2 of them with an arrangement
like
this<http://www.amazon.com/Neewer%C2%AE-7-inch-Bracket-Camera-CN-160/dp/B00K7146TS/ref=pd_tcs_compl_p_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=04M4XB1339C668CJQWQZ>

It appears that the lights will tilt up/down but not rotate on their own
support post. The dual light bracket can tilt its arms inward but I've been
trying to figure out if the mounting feet can also rotate. That would allow
rotating a light but without having to rotate the bracket.

Chuck Norcutt

On 8/17/2014 2:47 PM, Moose wrote:> On 8/17/2014 6:35 AM, Chris Trask wrote:>> His photo of the orchid is exquisite, showing the minute glands
(ie->> hairs) on the leaves. I see from the first of these how he manages to>> get detail such as to appear, using reflected light from the flash
to>> get full illumnation. I'm going to have to experiment with the>> technique of using a grey card (or something similar) to eliminate>>
annoying background clutter.>> Multi-LED lights that may be mounted or hand held offer another way to> light. My recent post of the tiny OM1 and lenses
was shot with one hand> held. The ability to move the light and adjust the brightness> continually with a thumb wheel makes getting decent lighting,
minimizing> distracting reflections, shadows, etc. easy.> <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=14124>>> The one I use is very
inexpensive.> <http://www.amazon.com/Neewer-CN-LUX360-Dimmable-Camera-Camcorder/dp/B0098G9LHU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=14083007
44
  &sr=8-1&keywords=cn-lux360>> There are many others out there with various options of power,
coverage> angle, etc.>> Well Lit Moose>>--