Re: [OM] Amazing Drone Photo

Subject: Re: [OM] Amazing Drone Photo
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 15:04:55 -0500
> We were in an old mill in Killin our first full day in Scotland when I heard
> a bone-shaking roar and looked out a window just in time to see the
> hindquarters of what I believe was a Tornado streaking off in the distance.
> The pilot was pushing Wing Commander Barker’s 500 ft. limit.

We were fishing on a lake in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan many
years ago when two fighers were doing a "below the radar" run at
whatever speed it is where a vapor cone forms around the aircraft and
some extra noise is produced. They dropped down to maybe 10-20 foot
off the deck and had quite a spray trail rise up off the water.

We happened to see them coming, but no noise until well after we were
staring into the red glow of the exhaust and then it was deafening.
Almost fell out of our boat.

That was in the day when they used to "attack" each other between the
Sawyer and Kincheloe/Kinross bases. These two were sneaking their way
towards Sawyer.

AG (new undies) Schnozz