Re: [OM] Amazing Drone Photo

Subject: Re: [OM] Amazing Drone Photo
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 18:31:57 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>In 1964/65 I was stationed at Kelly, AFB in San Antonio... the USAF's
>bomber hospital.  My wife and I lived in a small apartment over our
>landlord's garage on the approach to the runway.  We were rudely
>awakened on many mornings by the sound of B-52s and B-58s (which howl
>like a banshee).

     Yuck!!  The B-58 was a bomb all by itself.  It required more than ten
hours of maintenance for evey hour of flight, mostly because all the
electronics was vacuun tube.

     We had the hulk of one at Little Rock AFB for firefighter training.

     I think there's one at the Pima Air Museum in Tucson.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson