Re: [OM] Amazing Drone Photo

Subject: Re: [OM] Amazing Drone Photo
From: Piers Hemy <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 13:57:41 +0100
I don't believe that any of the photos could have been taken in UK unless
by a qualified UAV operator, if keeping within the CAA regulations. As I
read them (a while ago but I doubt they have been relaxed) the regulations
apply onerous conditions as soon as one puts a camera onto what would
otherwise just be a radio controlled model aircraft (honest guv, I made it
myself from balsa wood). My curiosity had been piqued (DIY photo survey of
archaeological sites is a darn sight easier than Lidar)!

Not to say that you can sleep easy, Chris, but someone is not asleep at
this particular wheel. Was ULAS exempt from Air Nav. Order, or is it deemed
civil?

Piers