Re: [OM] Converting Raw files

Subject: Re: [OM] Converting Raw files
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 15:01:41 -0500
> Thanks, Ian.  I really would prefer to stay with Aperture, and I shall for as
> long as I can.

Might as well just swallow it and move on.

Spending $10 per month for Creative Clown is a pretty good deal. I'm
pretty sure that for everybody who has done the regular upgrades, it
has cost far more than that through the years. And after the last
upgrade cycle where people tried to do the usual gaming of the system
by only upgrading every other version, Adobe shut that loophole down.

Another thing to consider is that the heavy investment that people
made into buying Photoshop has been detrimental because the masses
have not been as open to giving a new kid on the block opportunity.
Those of us who are paying our $10/mo Adobe Tax are more than willing
and able to jump ship at any time. The onus is on Adobe to keep the
wolves at bay because for photographers like me, there is no loyalty.

Honestly, Google Picasa is not a shabby DAM.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx