Re: [OM] Lightroom 3.3

Subject: Re: [OM] Lightroom 3.3
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 18:51:59 +0200

Le 19 juin 14 à 18:41, Chris Trask a écrit :

Would this be available by way of the PRESET option under the
DEVELOP tab?

Yes

once satisfied with one rendition you can save the parameters you like
as a preset you title
it will then be accessible on the left-hand side, under user's presets
- below the glass filters already provided by LR ... ;-)

Just retested in LR 3.6

Okay, I think I understand this but I'm going to have to play with it. The B&W presets provided LR do not strike me as being fully mature.

Not what I meant, at all, Chris

i. Convert a raw to BW (top of right hand side bar)
ii. Adjust to YOUR taste
iii. Save as preset (see my earlier answer)
iv. Use and abuse of the preset on any file you have

I don't see the need for a white card anywhere.

And Ken is RIGHT, fiddling with the WB can and will help you achieve better results.

Amities
Philippe

PS: send Tina your filters, not only has she got a monochrome but also plenty of birds in the garden that nick her potential preserves and cherries ;-)

For instance, the red present does not conform well with a Wratten #25 red filter. But, I can see how I could develop a library of custom presets that would conform with those by possible taking a photo of a white card with the filter in place, then saving the B&W data as a new preset.

This could be a very powerful B&W conversion tool, if it works in some manner where I can create Wratten filter presets and then apply them to future image conversions. I have the Kodak manual that has extensive transmission tables for their Wratten filters.

I managed to find what appears to be a wonderful IR preset but have not tried it yet.

Chris

    - Hunter S. Thompson

One sees clearly only with the heart. What is essential is invisible to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
NO ARCHIVE