Re: [OM] Lightroom 3.3

Subject: Re: [OM] Lightroom 3.3
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 11:36:17 -0500
>      I'm sitting here toying with Lightroom 3.3 (LR3.3), which is the highest
> octane version available for WinXP as far as I know.  I have found that by
> adjusting the "Black & White Mix" sliders I can emulate a glass filter even
> better than I can with Exp6.  This is interesting as I can get the student
> and teacher version of LR3 fairly cheaply if I shop around, and it could be a
> viable option for B&W conversions, just not as convenient.

Using the color filters to emulate a glass filter is easy to
accomplish in Lightroom, as well as most any image editor. However,
that doesn't take into account how the sensors see the natural world
differently than a B&W film. What you might find more pleasing is if
you change the White balance of the image to a slight cooler (more
blue-green color cast) before doing your monochrome conversion.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx