[OM] Yosemite

Subject: [OM] Yosemite
From: Willie Wonka via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 19:39:18 -0700 (PDT)
I will be for two and a half days in Yosemite and would like to get suggestions
on locations and times to shoot while there. This is not a photography trip,
but I would like to plan the trip so we can see the most picturesque sites.

I have purchased a guide book by Michael Frye, but still feel like I am not
prepared. Additional difficulty is presented by the fact that our cabin is
about an hour and something away from the entrance to the park.

How would you suggest I plan my visit?

What would you suggest to visit in terms of picture taking opportunity that
does not exactly look like a photography trip? The three of us are able to
cover large distances on foot, but do not intend to climb the Half Dome.

I know that I would be putting my feet where so many before have and would be
taking the same picture that so many before me have taken, but I really do not
care. I am there to enjoy time away with my family and take advantage of being
able to easily take great photos that I could proudly put up on the wall.

I have done some Internet search and found some sites, but would like to seek
some advice on sites with useful information. I also found this very helpful
message to someone else's question on photographic opportunities in Yosemite
posted on photo.net. Have a laugh:

Frank Uhlig , May 15, 2006; 03:49 p.m.

I am sorry, but I am afraid your question was completely misunderstood.

Or did you really want to plagiarize all the now trite shots taken by everybody
else in the world thousands of times over dozens of years and published in
hundreds of books?

How dull and tedious for vacation fun.

I think you should avoid all the suggested sites and trails and discover for
and by yourself. It is a marvellous country around Yosemite! Come see!

But mass tourism is just stupid: you will be one dot (or better yet: pixel) in
the crowd .. if you follow this advice; another pea in the pod, monkey-like
uhhing and ahhing as sheep and cows do ..

Sorry if you like that enough to spoil your own path through life and miss your
personal karma completely; and you own pictures to boot.

Thanks in advance

Best

Boris