Re: [OM] Digital B&W Photography with the E-500/510

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital B&W Photography with the E-500/510
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 21:45:37 -0500
Chris,

I just pulled out my E-510 Manual to check the filter comments. On page 61, under Picture Mode, the uses of the built-in filters are covered, but very briefly. While it is not specified in the text, I believe that the Picture Mode is just like any other art filter, and can only be used with jpeg images. I recall playing around with this some years ago, but have not used the E-510 recently.

I believe that, if one goes to the RAW image, the filter effect is gone.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA