Re: [OM] OT - Phising phone calls

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Phising phone calls
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 02:12:07 +0930
On Thu, Jun 05, 2014 at 11:40:47PM +1200, bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'm with Mike on this one, but for a different reason. Whenever
> there;s a power cut, all the cordless landline phones in this house are
> useless. With my desk phone, the power comes down the phone line :-)

Brian,
Some of .au is going through the throes of a cutover to an NBN (national
broadband network)... Before the last change of government it was
intended to be a FTTH/P (fibre to the home/premises) rollout, replacing
the 2-wire phone line with a fibre node that is the responsibility of
the subscriber to power and maintain (with batteries that will be
useless inside three months).  :(

Apparently now it is going to be a FTTN (fibre to the node) with a VDSL
endpoint that is the responsibility of the subscriber to power and
maintain (with batteries that will be useless inside three months).

Give me basic ADSL and 2-wire phone service any day!  :)

It does appear to me, however,  that most of my clients with even
'business-grade' DSL are having more and more problems lately.

davidt