[OM] [IMGs] Long lens multi-thread III, IBIS

Subject: [OM] [IMGs] Long lens multi-thread III, IBIS
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 23:51:27 -0400 (EDT)
So Close, Yet So Far Moose writes:

In a thread about the shutter shock fix firmware update and E-P5
size vs. GX7, Mike G. commented on the advantage of the 5 way IBIS of
the Oly.

Coupala things come to mind. Moose has a way of coaxing nice images out of lenses some might not prefer with a combination of good technique and skillful post processing. I have seen him handhold a Sigi CAT lens and come up with a nice image where he had no business doing so.

The sands keep shifting with the IBIS issue. The EM-10 3 axis is said to be nearly as good as the 5 axis in the OMD. Oly commented that the 5 axis in the OMD will still outperform for macro. I have seen a few examples of that. The IBIS appears to have undergone yet a further worthwhile tweak in the EM-1 and EP-5.

BTW there already is the Panny 35-100/2.8 and it isn't that large. It is a bit expensive, may not be long enough for the intended purpose and absolute resolution stopped down not that much better than "lesser" offerings. I bet the new Oly will be a humdinger, but it will be larger and I bet more expensive.

OM4T stabilized on CF tripod trumps 'em all, Mike