Re: [OM] Qualifications was Mail Delivery

Subject: Re: [OM] Qualifications was Mail Delivery
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 08:48:48 +1000
My cousin teaches at RMIT - Royal Melbourne Institue of Technology -
effectively he runs what was the best degree course in commercial photography
in Australia with the rank of Senior Lecturer. (recent cut-backs have gutted it
to some extent). But…
Obviously it is a vocational course. He has been an Adobe alpha tester, has a
number of Focal Press publications to his name on PS, Lightroom and other
subjects and is presently a Sony ambassador. One would think that this would be
enough. But no…the institution is run as a University and he does not have a
doctorate so he under constant pressure to complete an utterly irrelevant
qualification because the conventional hierarchy and career path demands it.
He'd rather be spending his time doing something useful instead. But he's had
to comply and has undertaken a research project which we both agree is a load
of bollocks. To keep his Dean happy.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com