Re: [OM] Remember these photos? Sold in 3 days!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Remember these photos? Sold in 3 days!!
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 17:48:02 +0100 (BST)
Chuck,
               My brother in law in Colorado Springs had 2 knee replacements
last year -six months apart. He is 81 and recovery time for each was about 3
months. He is 81 :-)    Before - to use the welsh term - he could not catch a
pig in a passage! His legs were bowed to an amazing degree, he had major
difficulty walking, and his gait was rather like Charlie Chaplin. This also
gave him lower back problems. Since surgery he is standing straight, walking
well and his back issues are much improved. My sister says he now stands almost
2 inches taller! We will be visiting in 3months, so will be good to see them
both.

Regarding the disappearing and reappearing lens I fear this sort of incidence
is common in our household! Things disappear at will - and after an extensive
search appear where I FIRST looked. VERY STRANGE. The biggest problem is items
that I take particular care to store "somewhere safe" they can be lost for
years (if they ever reappear!)

Regards
John Duggan,
Wales, UK

________________________________
 From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/2712/index.htm>

I think maybe they helped me attract buyers and also sell the house... *in 3
days*.  In three days I had 2 full price offers for the house and a third offer
for $1,000 more than the asking price.  The $1,000 over the asking price was
nice but it also included even more important offers.  One was great leeway on
the closing date to as late as September 9, buyer is paying cash so no waiting
on a mortgage and he has also waived all building inspections.  He knew he was
in competition with two other buyers so I guess he did whatever he could to
sweeten the pot.

The extended closing date is very important to me since I'm scheduled for knee
replacement surgery in June with a long recovery time expected, the
construction of our new house in South Carolina has been delayed such that I
have no place to move to except my Florida place until possibly as late as
November and I also have to be on Cape Cod in August which would mean a long
trip back north if I had to move out soon.  I'll still have to put my
belongings in storage for a couple of months until the new house is ready and
storage charges and insurance are very high.  Just the reduced storage time is
worth about $1,100/month.

I didn't mention it before but I had to use the 12-50 at 12mm on the E-M5 for
the photos.  I had intended to use the Tamron 20-40 for a wider view but it has
been mysteriously misplaced.  Also missing is a LowePro case for the Tokina
80-200/2.8.  The lens was found in the safe right where I placed it after
removing it from its case.  But the case is nowhere to be found despite being
large enough that it's hard to lose. Really strange as I've already scoured the
entire house twice looking for them.  It's possible that I left the 12-40 in
Florida but the LowePro case hasn't been out of this house for about 2 years.

Chuck Norcutt