Re: [OM] OT: Sony Sucks, big time

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Sony Sucks, big time
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 07:03:14 -0400
That sucks.  We bought a 60" Sony XBR2 rear-projection TV about 6 years ago.
At the time, had one of the best images available.  Only thing is that it has a
design flaw in the video block that prevents proper cooling of the blue LCOS
chip, and it will eventually fail.  There was a class-action suit and Sony
reluctantly agreed to replace the faulty block - unfortunately for us, ours
held on much longer than everyone else's.  I thought we somehow lucked out, but
the ours failed late last year. Sadly, the deadline for free replacement ended
about 3 years ago, and now it would cost about $1500 to replace the block. And
the design flaw is still there, so the chip would eventually fail again.

We're replacing it with a 70" Vizio in a month or so.  I've got a bad taste in
my mouth for Sony products now.

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." -- David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Berthold Auerbach