Re: [OM] Old windmill at Cley Next the Sea

Subject: Re: [OM] Old windmill at Cley Next the Sea
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 20:09:12 -0700
On 4/11/2014 10:25 PM, Chris Barker wrote:
> On 11 Apr 14, at 21:56, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I enjoyed these. That salt marsh figured very prominently in an enjoyable
>> series of murder mysteries we recently read.
>>
> Thanks, Moose.  Was it that particular salt marsh,

Yes, it is Likely some geography has been changed to place the protagonist's
house and some of the marsh locales to fit
the story. Much occurs in King's Lynn in the first four books. The fifth
travels to the area around Blackpool, whence
comes one major character.

> the ones near Blakeney and Cley next the Sea?  In fact there are defences
> against the sea's encroachment, but recent tidal surges have breached them.
> The Environment Agency is talking ominously of "managed retreat" . . .

One story features a manor house on the edge of the sea near Norwich which will
soon be claimed. But it's on a cliff,
once protected by now failing Victorian sea walls.

Murder Mystery Moose