Re: [OM] Old windmill at Cley Next the Sea

Subject: Re: [OM] Old windmill at Cley Next the Sea
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 06:25:19 +0100
On 11 Apr 14, at 21:56, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I enjoyed these. That salt marsh figured very prominently in an enjoyable
> series of murder mysteries we recently read.

Thanks, Moose.  Was it that particular salt marsh, the ones near Blakeney and
Cley next the Sea?  In fact there are defences against the sea's encroachment,
but recent tidal surges have breached them.  The Environment Agency is talking
ominously of "managed retreat" . . .

> On 4/10/2014 9:01 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
>> Thanks, Bob, but I recognise my failure.  Next time, perhaps when Julia
>> isn’t looking (her view is that a romantic meal need not include cameras or
>> mobiles . . .) :-)
>
> Need not - or Must not? :-)

:-)  I decided that it was an inappropriate occasion.

> Fortunately, Carol is not of the same opinion. I do tend to tuck in right
> away; by the time I think of a snap, the food
> is pretty far gone. ;-)

I did too.  I sometimes take a photo for FB, for my younger son's delectation.
It has become something of a tradition between us as he is a keen trencherman,
normally with steaks, but latterly with all sorts of Asian foods (his fiancée
is Chinese lady from Glasgow).

> I'm more likely to photograph things other than the food. Our only record
> (other than a credit card charge) of the
> romantic dinner we had a a wonderful restaurant seven years ago, and the
> second dinner the next day, is the images of
> reflections and refractions in nos 3 - 11 here.
> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MorroBay/LosOsos/index.html>

That's a good record.  I particularly like the view of the inlet, with the mist
rising.

> The restaurant was gone when we returned a couple of years later - sigh. :-(
>
> Perhaps you could suggest to Julia that when you are both older, pics of the
> meal will bring back happy memories?

Yes I shall (just do it, not ask).  My next task is to print more photos, of
grandchildren and of occasions.  Images on a hard drive are uninteresting to
most of the family.

> Then there's our once favorite Thai restaurant. Unfortunately, the kitchen
> isn't what it was.
> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=SFBayArea/Sawadee>

Yes, another good record.

> Hmm, perhaps I need to do a gallery of recent restaurant/food shots. Not
> entirely conventional.

You'd have to decide how you were going to group the shots: by restaurant, by
reflection, by staff, by courses etc . . .

Chris