Re: [OM] OT tablet question

Subject: Re: [OM] OT tablet question
From: ozlangur@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 07:42:07 +1100
> On 3 Apr 2014, at 6:34 am, "Robert D. Baron" <rbaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Do you have one with the retina display (more expensive) or not?
>
> I have it in mind I read somewhere a reason not to get the retina display
> but I can't remember if or what it was.

My partner recently bought the Retina Mini for himself.

I suspect the retina display thing you are thinking if is that the Mini's is
reported to not have the colour gamut (?) of its larger sibling. It may be
worth comparing IRL to see if this matters to you (either for purpose or
personal sensitivity to such). It wouldn't to me - I doubt I'd even see it -
but that's no help to you.

FWIW, to me it does feel both solid and light; it feels quite small in size but
the screen still feels large (it feels not much less than the standard iPad -
it's a contradictory reaction but it is what it is); it feels like I want one,
but I've inherited the older big brother.

Cheers,
Marc
Snowy Mts, Oz